December 11, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST |
Practicing Retina Specialists
Please submit an abstract in one of the following categories for consideration as a podium presentation. If accepted, your registration fee will be waived.
Abstracts and videos will be reviewed in a de-identified, masked fashion, so please do not include your name in the videos or file names.
- Scientific Study on Surgical Topic (standard abstract required - Title, Objective, Methods, Results, Conclusion)
- My Craziest Surgical Case (Title, 250 word summary, and 3 minutes (or less) video required)
Trainees (Students, Residents, and Fellows)
Please submit an abstract for a Scientific Study (medical or surgical) to be considered for a poster presentation. Only standard abstracts will be accepted (Title, Objective, Methods, Results, Conclusion). The top accepted abstracts will receive a VBS Academic Travel Grant, which includes complimentary meeting registration for the VBS 2024 Annual meeting, travel up to $500, and shared lodging (four nights for fellows and three nights for residents/medical students). The best presenter will be awarded a coveted VBS BUCKLE!
The abstracts will undergo de-identified masked review.
Even if an abstract is not selected for a grant, we welcome trainees to present their posters at VBS through the discounted trainee registration.
- All VBS Annual meeting attendees must be a VBS member (free for trainees, $100 for practicing physicians) to attend the meeting. You do not need to be a member to submit an abstract, but we do encourage becoming members to access the various educational resources VBS has to offer.
- Only one submission per person allowed.
- Submission revisions will not be accepted.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you submit. Please check your junk/spam folders.
- Notifications of abstract decisions will be send in late December 2023
|File Naming||Please use the following convention for naming your file:
Last Name-First Word of Presentation Title
|Aspect Ratio||Build your presentations or videos are 16x9 aspect ratio, a.k.a. “Widescreen” format.|
|Videos Format||If applicable, please upload videos in either .mp4, m4v, or .mov format.|
|Presentation Format||If applicable, please upload presentations in either PowerPoint or Keynote.|